CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

One year ago today...

I was so very ready to not be pregnant.

I was in labor for five hours.


We became parents a second time and Rylie became a big sister.


We found a piece of our life that we didn’t realize was missing.


I found out that I can love and adore a second baby as much as I love and adore my first.


Sophie, one year ago you weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. Today you weigh 21 pounds 5 ounces.


One year ago, I marveled at your tiny little ski slope nose and your chubby toes and your wispy dark hair.


One year ago today, I fell completely in love with a tiny, crying, rooting, hungry, cuddly little red faced baby named Sophie.


Today you are quite the charmer. You smile constantly after many months of solemnity. I think you may be the most affectionate baby I have ever known. You only want to love and be loved, and your favorite activity is cuddling. You constantly tote a soft toy or blanket and press them to your cheek. You are often content to sit in my lap and play, though you are becoming more adventurous every day. In fact, we sometimes worry that there is nothing that seems to frighten or intimidate you.


You are a daredevil, frequently climbing into your little wooden rocking chair, standing straight up and rocking vigorously. You also get a kick out of holding your head under water as long as you can stand it.


You are now a full time walker, and we all love your cute, very unique little waddle. You are just beginning to become interested in books, especially those featuring puppy dogs and kitty cats. Your favorite things include bath time, stroller rides outside, and playing with (or bothering) your big sister.


You are a good eater, and your favorite food is banana. You let us know, swiftly and loudly, when you get hungry, and we smile to hear you chant “mik mik." You still love to sleep and, when not suffering an ear infection or teething episode, you are a great sleeper. You take two naps per day, though I am already lamenting the inevitable transition to one.


One year ago, we often wondered how we would ever manage with two babies just sixteen months apart, but you (and Rylie) are the icing on our cake. However chaotic our life may be, we always find reason to smile at your crazy antics, cute mannerisms, and sweet innocence.


It is a privilege to parent you, Sophie Rose.


You are our blessing. Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Sophie! Hope you had a great bday party today!

Andrea said...

Hey! I can quote on your blog again!!! Happy 1st Birthday Sophie Rose!!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! Happy birthday to Sophie! My girls are 15 months apart! :)