I may or may not be guilty of serving my toddler microwave popcorn for lunch, which may or may not have been coated in “movie butter.” I did this because I preferred to spend exactly one minute thirty seconds heating that popcorn, which will be completely devoured, rather than taking thirty minutes to meticulously prepare her usual well balanced lunch, of which she will take maybe two bites.
This same toddler is no longer taking naps, though I am beginning to suspect that she might could If I would only take the time and the effort to bring them back into our routine. But there will be major conflict in convincing her of this (think WW3) and I am suddenly feeling very Switzerlandish. So despite the fact that she is tired and cranky all afternoon and I am now a desperately crazed mother without a break from a tyrannical toddler, naptime still isn’t happening.
I just don’t have the fight in me.
Does this reflect a new, more mature development in my parenting or am I simply copping out of my responsibilities?
Discuss amongst yourselves.
Several expletives were in fact muttered by yours truly while trying to disengage a bubble blowing octopus from its ridiculously confining package. It was actually screwed into plastic discs that were in turn screwed to the cardboard. Seriously, I need a freakin’ screwdriver to free a one pound plastic toddler toy from its cardboard box? It appears that toy manufacturers may be losing perspective.
It‘s not a hand gun.
It is a purple. plastic. octopus.
It blows bubbles.
Ahem…Just how much tv is too much tv? Because it is really, really hot outside.
I fear my toddler may be a brat. Really. I have been praying about this and I’m worried. How much bad behavior can logically be blamed upon terrible twos? And isn’t “strong willed” just a euphemism for “very unpleasant child?”
And last, but certainly not least, I can now officially announce that the proverbial rose colored glasses of motherhood have been removed.
And stomped into a fine pink powder.
As if you couldn’t tell.
It has been a rough month in the Webb household. It seems that our two year old has upped the ante on the "terrible." Please feel free to stand upon your soapbox and give me what for.
Or contribute your own confessions.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Funny stuff! You are such a good mommy, even with your confessions.
I was stuffing my face with my microwave kettle corn when I read your first sentence, except mine is a bedtime snack rather than lunch.
OMG! That is hilarious! I think Violet might also be a brat...I feel like I give into her WAY too often just to avoid a temper tantrum or scene! Oh...and sorry about the octopus :) LOL
Andrea, no problems regarding the octopus. Greg opened it for me when he got home (and he didn't throw a fit or mutter curse words). Sophie and Rylie love it, btw.
Donna, I feel anything but a good mommy these days. But thanks.
Oh, by the way...for SEVERAL months after Phoenix was born Violet has Lunchable Jr.'s EVERYDAY for lunch...in front of the TV. You do what you have to do to survive
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 2 is a cake walk compared to 3. I have confirmed this with several other mothers; I thought Spencer was just late to the party. But no, 3 is bad. Very, very bad.
Maybe 3's are just bad for boys?!
Randi-we got out of our PJ's at 5:30 (PM!) today and went and had subway, then snow cones for dinner. That was the height of our day-the rest revolved around TV, Wii (while I blogged) and playing Hi Ho Cherry. We stepped outside for about 5 seconds and Jackson immediately ran and got us all gatorades, then insisted we come in and drink so we dont get headaches from the sun.
You do what you can....
Post a Comment