Occasionally, while out and about, people will tell me that they read my blog. They always have something nice to say and I am always so flattered. But I always want to ask them why they read it or how they heard about it, especially if they are not related to me or are not parents themselves. I never ask, though.
When I started this blog, I didn't really tell anyone. I just put it up and started commenting on friend's blogs. I sent my mother and aunt an email that it existed, and then I decided that the fewer people that read it, the better. I still sort of hold on to that philosophy, so I do not advertise. If someone stumbles upon it, that's great and I am appreciative, but it is still a little embarrassing to me when I know they have read it.
Unlike most of the blogs I read, I use my blog as a therapist. I did not begin with that intention. I thought I would blog about my girls and post family updates and just chronicle our lives. But my inner neurotic took over (as she so often does) and this blog became one of desperate rants and/or sentimental nonsense about motherhood. Why it should be so therapeutic, I don't know. It requires complete and unwavering honesty for it to work but I do feel better after getting it all out (especially if there are comments). I notice that I have a lot more to post when I am going through a difficult time.
I wish I could just post family pics and updates. That looks like fun.
Anyway, I say all of this just to ask one simple question. A very simple, easy question that will gratify both my curiosity and my vanity. It's quite shameless, really.
If you are reading this, will you "follow" this blog?
There. I asked.
And now I am embarrassed. But I really do want to know who is reading this!
As you can see, I currently have very few followers (one of whom is my mother and she doesn't count). I suspect there are more than that because people tell me they read it so often. I don't really care whether or not I have a high number. I am not competing with anyone.
I just want to know who is out there. Who are you?
If I have no new followers after posting this, my embarrassment will turn to mortification, and I will probably delete this post (if not the entire blog) and become a reclusive hermit.
And only because I love reading comments...
Why do you blog? What is the purpose of your blog?
I look forward to your answers.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love your blog and yes I will follow it!
I read blogs because they are interesting, I love to read, and I guess I am nosy?
Maybe I just like to feel close to people, it's such a good way to keep up with friends and family. We don't live across the steet from our grandparents like we did as children, so you get to visit through blogs and facebook!
And your blog is particular is very well written!
OK, I don't know how to follow you!
Donna, you make me laugh! Just click on the follow icon in the upper corner of this page. Then choose the public option. I think you have to be signed in to your Google account.
And thank you for your support :)
I had to use Firefox to access the blog, for some reason Internet Explorer would not let me follow.
I am reading your blog, too! I'm sure several people are clicking on Paula's link to your blog from her blog. I love the honesty and thought you put into your writing. I usually only blog about my kids and use my blog as a scrapbook.
Post a Comment