Lost
The remote. It's always missing. I hate checking couch cushions as I usually find more than I wanted to find.
The gross out factor. If two years of poop and vomit fail to cure you of a weak stomach, nothing will.
Various hair bows, each costing between five and fifteen bucks (don’t tell my husband). They drop like flies around here.
Bottles. Also prone to mysterious disappearance.
Pride in personal appearance. Not completely gone, but dwindling.
Pacifiers. I believe there must be a trail of pacies throughout
My mind. Last seen spring of 2007. Possible sighting in summer of 2008.
Self control, when it comes to dressing of little girls or decorating of little girls’ rooms.
My judgment of other women. You know, I really was the perfect mother before my children were born.
My certainty in the black/white world perspective. So much gray area.
Sleeping in. Weekends are nothing to a 10 month old and 2 year old.
My waist. It’s gone. Sigh.
Ability to afford Pottery Barn Kids.
Clean house. Maybe I will find it one day.
Self-doubt. Or at least most of it. Okay, some of it really is gone.
Found
Crayon scribbles in the pages of the novel I haven’t finished.
Terrible stains on upholstered seats of dining room chairs.
Confidence. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart.
Laundry. I swear, it breeds. My laundry baskets are nothing but orgies of clothing.
Tolerance for obnoxious cartoons and annoying toys, Bratz notwithstanding.
Disagreeable odor emanating from the Diaper Genie area of nursery.
Revived dedication to my heavenly Father, the perfect parent, and His Son, the perfect child.
Husband’s dirty socks tucked in cushions of couch. Ugh.
Unknown depths of compassion for mothers and children all over the world.
One set of purple and pink plastic play dishes, carefully placed in dishwasher with actual dirty dishes.
Reservoirs of patience.
Half eaten grilled cheese sandwich in drawer of living room inn table.
Disdain for so-called parenting experts and “sanctimommies.”
Sippy cup (previously missing) shoved under toddler’s bed, caked with old milk. Yes, I said caked.
Ability to stay up too late burning creative energy otherwise left to stagnate.
Adoration for Pottery Barn Kids.
Coffee addiction. Can’t go a day without.

8 comments:
I love this! did you come up with "santimommies"? what a great term for them
opps, I mispelled sanctimommies, or maybe that is another class of people
Donna, glad you enjoyed it! It is the perfect word, isn't it? I can't take credit for it. I read it in another blog. You can click on the word "sanctimommies" for a link to that article.
so great! THIS is what I was talking about..to send to Joy/Tonya for our newsletter;-)
Thanks, Paula. I am a little nervous about it, but I would love to help out with the newsletter. Just let me know what I need to do!
WHAT? Five to fifteen bucks?!
Haha! So funny! I love this!
Super cute post! Yes, you are just like I was!! My girls are 15 months apart and then there is a 3 year break and my boys are 15 months apart!
We are crazy. :)
Post a Comment