I wrote this for the January MOPS newsletter, which was not published. Thought I would post here...a little late.
A Mother’s Resolutions for 2011
I will incorporate more vegetables into our meals and find better recipes to go with them.
I will persuade my husband and children to eat the vegetables and the new recipes.
My kids are going to pick up their own rooms (to the best of their abilities). I suspect the three year old of cleverly disguising her cleaning skills in order to con mommy to do it for her. It’s quite unsettling to realize you have been duped by a preschooler.
I will lengthen my fuse. Three years ago it was at least twenty feet long. Seriously, I was patience personified. It is maybe two feet long now, on a good day. What happened to me?!
2011 will be The Return of the Nap. Oh yes, that means you, artfully dodging three year old.
We will spend more time outside.
I will make more of an effort to have one-on-one time with my little girls. Mommy dates are fun.
I will avoid Gymboree, as I have discovered that it causes me to lose self control and common sense. Note: I have already broken this resolution.
I will confront the teenage boys who obnoxiously invade the Chick-fil-a toddler play area.
When I take my children shopping with me, I will not supply them with candy to keep them quiet and controlled, for I have to be able to look their dentist in the eye.
I will consistently make good on the time out/spanking/toy removal threats. One warning will be issued, and the appropriate disciplinary action will follow if needed. The kitchen timer is coming out for time-outs, and it will be the law. If they are to stand in the corner, their noses must actually make contact with the corner. It’s time for “Don’t Mess with Me Mommy” to make an appearance.
And finally, I will play with my children every day. For at least a few minutes each day, I will sit down and have fun with them, despite the mountain of laundry or the sink full of dishes. Those things can wait. My girls will be in school before I know it. I refuse to waste the time that I have with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment