Last night Rylie wrote a letter to Santa. Well, she dictated and I wrote.
I wasn't sure whether or not she was ready for this, but after a tiny bit of prodding, she totally ran with it.
So here it is. Word for word. Italicized comments are my mine.
Dear Santa,
I want a new toy. I want a new Barbie. I want a new toy house.
I think Sophie wants little baby toys. Just four little baby toys.
I want 5 little big girl toys.
And I want a new, A BRAND NEW, dolly. She really stressed the "brand new."
I only want one thing. I want to know if I am on the good list so I can have some presents. She tends to contradict herself a bit.
Thanks, Santa. I love you.
Rylie
Then I asked if there was anything else she might like to tell Santa as a post script. Apparently, there were quite a few more things she wanted to get off her chest.
P.S. I want more toys. And I want markers, too. For me to color.
And I want some more owls and reindeers that we can make to put on the tree. She is referring to our latest craft projects, tree ornaments.
Santa, am I on the good list?
I wish I was big to ride your reindeers.
I want to make another Christmas craft.
And I want to be on the good list. I am gonna be good. Clearly, she has a little anxiety over The List.
And I want another snowman and a puppy and some more bunnies and some more mouses. No idea what this is about.
But I just want one present that's inside. Hmmm...Santa is confused.
And finally, she gets right to the heart of the matter...
Santa, come down the chimney and get ready to bring me some presents.
THE END
I was really hoping for a nicer letter. More "How are you, Santa?" and less "Bring me toys, Santa!" but she is only three and polite chit chat is a bit beyond her.
Now on Mommy's To Do List: Cultivate spirit of gratitude in oldest daughter.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was just at WalMart looking at dolls and agonizing over whether my granddaughters are getting "brand new dolls"! OH I hope so Santa!
Please bring Rylie and all little girls new dolls.
That was a very nice 1st letter to Santa!
If you figure out how to cultivate gratitude, let me know! Spencer needs a big dose of it. I even adopted us an angel that is his age, made a big production of telling him why this little boy was on the angel tree, and taking him to pick out the stuff. Spencer could not have cared less about it all.
Post a Comment