CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I made a point to take pictures. I don't think there are any pics of Thanksgiving when I was growing up, as opposed to hundreds of albums of Christmas. I want my girls to remember all of our holidays, even the non-gift giving ones.

Anyway, we always begin Thanksgiving at Nana and Papa’s house (my maternal grandparents) with all of my family and end that night with Greg’s family. It makes for a busy day, but we enjoy it.


Making turkey cookies in our PJs on the night before Thanksgiving.

Rylie wanted to lick each candy corn before placing it on the cookie. So we were "forced" to eat most of the batch ourselves.

A few of the surviving finished products. I think they look like those weird creatures from The Labyrinth, the ones that throw their heads around. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade at home that morning.

Uncle Sid's famous pies. I think this one is Coconut Cream. Get in line.

Homemade mac and cheese. My contribution to the Thanksgiving feast was a little overcooked, unfortunately.

Sophie enjoys her Thanksgiving meal sans shirt. We are a very formal family.

You can't tell in this pic, but Rylie was very disappointed in the turkey. She thought it would be the big glistening, stuffed bird with the drumsticks in tact. We cut it up before serving. She said she wanted the Thanksgiving turkey "with the bones sticking out."

After stuffing ourselves we all strip down and roll around in the floor.
Oh wait, I guess only Sophie does that.




And just to further the breaking of my heart...this was Sophie last year at Thanksgiving.

Baby Sophie. Thanksgiving 2009.

No comments: