I am not blogging for readers, or even for myself. I am blogging for my girls.
EUREKA!
It's nice to have some clarity on this issue.
If you should happen to enjoy this blog, I am flattered. But I really just want my kids to have a tangible record of their early childhood, specifically the time I am able to stay at home with them. I expect to go back to work in a matter of months, so the time I have left at home feels sacred and precious. I want us to remember it. More than anything I regret all the days I did not appreciate the amazing blessing I had in staying home with my girls.
And I wish I had blogged more.
Now, about our daily life...
Our triple digit heat wave was finally interrupted this afternoon. Thank you, Jesus! There was a short thunderstorm followed by lovely, cool temps. So we played until it was too dark to stay out.
I am going to have to be more intentional about picture taking. I didn't get many good ones today. How do you capture two giggling, jumping and whirling little targets? With a blurry camera phone?
(When I start working I hope we can invest in a GOOD camera. Ahem, Greg.)
I got an iPhone this week! My favorite app is Instagram. Expect to see a lot more of these. I may have a small obsession.
One last thing:
Sophie has been potty training but she wears pull ups when we leave the house. This morning she apparently took off her pull up and put on a pair of panties sometime before we left for church. Her Noni discovered this while holding her on the pew. This makes her second sneaky pre-church wardrobe change. Last week she slipped a blue, satin Cinderella skirt under her dress. We didn't make that discovery until after church was over, though I did notice that her dress looked a little poufy.
Silly girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment