It has been a delightfully rainy summer day.
In spite of the fact that R and S woke up to booming thunder at 5am this morning and did not, I repeat, did NOT go back to sleep. Instead they giggled, played with flashlights, issued shrill screams each time the thunder rolled, and asked for breakfast.
There was much grumbling and complaining from the parental units.
Somewhere around coffee cup number five, I found myself wanting to curl up with a cozy afghan to contemplate new soup recipes or go through our fall/winter wardrobes, as though it was not still 90 degrees outside.
(I love to say wellies instead of rain boots but I probably shouldn't.)
(Because I'm not British.)
| Puddle Jumper |
| My sleepy girl at bedtime tonight. |
This week has been wonderfully uneventful. Maybe the easiest week we've had all summer. We've been pretty content just staying home. Which is fine since our new fall schedule begins next week and we are going to be busy ladies.
On Monday we ventured an easy trip to Target for groceries and decided to make it a shopping/lunch date with Greg. He was good enough to help me with the girls and follow us around the store instead of actually sitting down to eat somewhere.
When I go back to work I am really going to miss our lunch dates.
Monday's Pics:
| I asked Rylie to give me a sweet face and this is what she came up with. Poser. |
| I didn't have to stage this one. They did it on their own. |
It has come to this...we now use The Big Mama Shopping Cart when we go to the store.
Yes. I am that mom who crowds the entire aisle with the cart that deserves it's own power steering. Seriously, this rig is hard to maneuver.
I miss the petite little shopping carts of old, but perching a two year old atop towering piles of food is not so efficient. Big Mama makes corralling the kiddos much easier. And so far, even Sophie cannot wriggle out of those straps.
| Yes, those are fruit snacks and juice boxes. Judge not. They really help mommy to have a more pleasant shopping experience. |
So that was a whole lot of post about a little bit of nothing. I sense a pattern emerging...
Hope you are enjoying your week :)

10 comments:
I have never heard of wellies, but I like it! I also didn't know that thing was the "Big Mama"! I can barely push it.
Whoo Hooo! I don't know what changed, but glad my post showed!
Greg calls it the Cadillac grocery cart. I am embarrassed to push it sometimes, but you do what you gotta do ;) Glad you are able to post again!
Most days when I'm at work, I don't take a lunch break. I eat my sandwich in 5 minutes anyway and it minimizes the time the boys are with the sitter.
I make an exception on Mondays. On Mondays, Jake and I both take an hour for lunch and we always go together. It is like a guaranteed mini-date. Don't think lunch dates have to stop just because you go back to work!
Have you found a job yet? Who will keep the girls?
Mandy, I have my fingers crossed for a specific job opening in January. Actually, it's a library job :)
Other than that, I am searching classifieds, etc. Not ready to commit to a 40 hour work week yet, if I can help it.
Oh, and the girls will do MDO part time and Greg's mom will keep them the rest of the work week.
Hopefully, I won't be working 5 days a week.
Randi, have you ever thought of keeping children in your home? I know, I know...you think I'm crazy for mentioning it, but seriously, sometimes its easier staying home when we have friends over to play! I watch 2-3 kids, 2 days per week and then I am a backup for other sitters and I usually make $150 wk with just 2 days.
Just thought I would mention it! People with pay $30-$35 per day for in home care.
Good luck with the job search! :0)
Amber, I like that idea. The problem is I do not have a mini van and there's no way another kid can fit in my car.
But it is something to think about. I would much rather keep kids at home than go back to work right now.
I use the "big mama" on occasion too! Man-when I do- I am sure to knock down about three corner displays and run into at least one old lady every time. It will keep the kids entertained. That's for sure.
WAIT- the above comment was from Calley- not my hubbs. I may begin to comment under his google account, though, if that means my comments will finally start working on blogger again!
Post a Comment