CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Catch Up

Hi there, blog friends. It's been a while. I took a little break to consider how to best approach my blog's identity crisis. More on that later.

We've been pretty busy the last few months. I didn't realize how busy until I started pulling these pics. Between play dates, beach days, and VBS we have scarcely had a day at home. I think this is the new normal of life with two preschoolers. I like it but I do miss those lazy days of staying home with little babies.

Without further ado, here is our summer in pictures...



We went to Gulf Shores with my parents and had a GREAT time.
I hope we can go every year.
This was taken on our condo's patio.


My fair skinned kids turned out to be total beach babies. Who knew!?


Playing in the sand with Noni and Teddy.


We spent mornings on the beach but most of our afternoons in the pools. They were a little timid at the beginning of the summer but they came home great swimmers. So proud of them!


I just love this picture.


My niece Ava spent a week with my parents to attend VBS with us.
We had her over to play one day.


They kept telling each other they "needed their space." Such drama queens.


Making messes- er, memories.


The biggest drama queen of them all...


Dress up is still their favorite activity.


The playroom at the end of the day, henceforth known as the Playroom of Doom.


Mom and I took them to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie one day.


They were pretty good but a little restless. I don't think it was exciting enough for them. (Allow me a moment while I mourn the fact that they have outgrown Pooh.)


Sophie and Whitney at VBS. They got to tag along with the big kids.


Do not let this fool you. They fought the entire week.


They occasionally tolerated one another long enough to smile for the camera.


VBS music time. While all the other kids did the appropriate motions,
Rylie and Ava turned on the ghetto. *sigh*



Sophie was just happy to be there.

No comments: